Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large egg whites, chopped
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gently stir in eggs and egg whites. Spread over four toast slices; top with spinach and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 285 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches
"Nice departure from the ordinary."
"A nice bit of flavor in good-old egg salad.Will adjust to include a bit more pesto next time we make this."
"Delicious and easy."
"A different twist!!! Very tasty! easy! My family loves this!"
"Tasted very good, loved the pesto zip. Will definitely make again."
"Although I have not made this recipe, was wondering if I could use hummus instead of pesto?"
"To meanana: Pesto is a green sauce made from fresh basil, parsley, garlic , olive oil, and grated parmesan cheese. It is of Italian origin. If you search on the TOH website, a recipe to make your own will be at the top of the list. It tastes very strongly of fresh basil, which I love."
"I have not tried to make this yet, although it sounds good. I'm wondering what is the 'pesto' made of?"
"It was a great and a different way I have had it....would easily have it again next week!!! Thanks for the recipe!!:)"
"Excellent. The pesto put just the right amount of zing in the boring egg salad. Loved it!"
"very good but missing something."