For a casual springtime meal with a twist, boil up some eggs and dinner will be done presto. —Tenley Haraldson, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked large egg whites, chopped
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gently stir in eggs and egg whites. Spread over four toast slices; top with spinach and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p57
Reviews for Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2015
"Nice departure from the ordinary."
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2015
"A nice bit of flavor in good-old egg salad.Will adjust to include a bit more pesto next time we make this."
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2013
"Delicious and easy."
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2013
"A different twist!!! Very tasty! Easy! My family loves this!"
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2013
"Tasted very good, loved the pesto zip. Will definitely make again."