- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gently stir in eggs and egg whites. Spread over four toast slices; top with spinach and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches
Sort By :
Delicious and easy.
A different twist!!! Very tasty! Easy! My family loves this!
Tasted very good, loved the pesto zip. Will definitely make again.
Although I have not made this recipe, was wondering if I could use hummus instead of pesto?
To meanana: Pesto is a green sauce made from fresh basil, parsley, garlic , olive oil, and grated parmesan cheese. It is of Italian origin. If you search on the TOH website, a recipe to make your own will be at the top of the list. It tastes very strongly of fresh basil, which I love.