Pesto Dipping Oil
This is absolutely my favorite and easiest appetizer for entertaining. It is simply delicious with its combination of balsamic vineger, pesto and Parmesan cheese. Use it to marinate cubes of cheese and mushrooms for another simple appetizer.Alice Schucard, Carlsbad, California
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, pesto, salt and pepper. Pour
- into a shallow serving bowl; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve
- with bread. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon (calculated without bread) equals 208 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.