Pesto Dip with Parmesan Toast Recipe
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place baguette slices on greased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Turn slices over; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder and remaining cheese. Serve with toast slices. Yield: 20 servings (2-1/2 cups dip).
2 tablespoons dip with 4 toasts equals 341 calories, 27 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Dip with Parmesan Toast
"I made two versions of this wonderful recipe.. the first one exactly as the directions indicated (but on crackers, not the toast), and for the second version, I added black pepper, Cajun seasoning and about 1/4 cup tiny diced pieces of dill pickle. Both were big hits at my New Year's Eve party."
"AMAZING recipe that is so versatile-- but can be used so many ways! Thanks!"
"This is so delicious!!!!! I practically overdosed on this recipe the night I made it. My husband and 15 y.o. daughter loved it too. It would be great on a sandwich as well. Make this!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.