Pesto Dip with Parmesan Toast Recipe
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place baguette slices on greased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Turn slices over; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder and remaining cheese. Serve with toast slices. Yield: 20 servings (2-1/2 cups dip).
2 tablespoons dip with 4 toasts equals 341 calories, 27 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.