Look no further when you're searching for an elegant appetizer that's easy to put together. A platter of these crostini will disappear quickly!
—Diane Kaplan, Riverdale, New Jersey
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Place the bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine butter
- and garlic; spread over bread.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Spread pesto over butter mixture; top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 20
Editor's Note: Fresh mozzarella can be found in the deli section of most grocery stores.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.