Look no further when you're searching for an elegant appetizer that's easy to put together. A platter of these crostini will disappear quickly! —Diane Kaplan, Riverdale, New Jersey
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Place the bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine butter and garlic; spread over bread.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Spread pesto over butter mixture; top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Pesto Crostini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p37
Reviews for Pesto Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2008
"Is this the same Diane Kaplan I know? Marie Episale (Century 21 Crest Real Estate) (email@example.com)Great Recipe. I'm going to try it!"