Look no further when you're searching for an elegant appetizer that's easy to put together. A platter of these crostini will disappear quickly! —Diane Kaplan, Riverdale, New Jersey
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Place the bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine butter and garlic; spread over bread.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Spread pesto over butter mixture; top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Pesto Crostini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p37
Reviews for Pesto Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2008
"Is this the same Diane Kaplan I know? Marie Episale (Century 21 Crest Real Estate) (firstname.lastname@example.org)Great Recipe. I'm going to try it!"