Pesto Cream Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and garlic powder until blended; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, butter, parsley, garlic, basil and marjoram until blended. Stir in walnuts. Gradually stir in oil.
- Spread about 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture in prepared pan. Carefully spread with a third of the Parmesan mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours. Unmold; serve with crackers. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Cream Cheese Spread(5)
Sort By :
Awesome recipe! Was gone at the end of a blind wine tasting party. My biggest fan was a 3 year old licking her chops! She was devouring it like ice cream... my tip is saran wrap doesn't work, I lined the pan with non-stick foil... didn't come out as pretty at the picture but tasted delish!
Perfect for St Patrick's day. My tin was a little smaller so I used the extra pesto to decorate the plate. Also I ran out of time so I put it in the freezer for an hour then pulled it out and still came out perfect.
Would you be able to substitute commercially-made pesto in this???
Oops, I forgot! I used Neufchatel cheese (33% less fat 'cream cheese') to help with calories and fat.
I made this for a meeting and did not need to have it necessarily look so fancy, so I made 4-1/2 layers in a fancy bowl. I'm a fairly accomplished cook and I had some difficulty spreading the crm cheese layer over the pesto layer. Next time I will have the cream cheese very soft and/or let the pesto layer chill a bit before doing the next crm cheese layer. I layered crm cheese-pesto-crm cheese-pesto-then a thin layer of crm cheese. Put a sprig of parsley on top and chilled it about 1-1-1/2 hrs. Everyone raved about it!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Irish Appetizers >
- Irish Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >