This is a terrific appetizer to serve when hosting an Italian-theme-meal. People may be a little hesitant to try it, but once they dip in, they won't be able to stop! —Cynthia Emshoff, Sarasota, Florida
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and garlic powder until blended; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, butter, parsley, garlic, basil and marjoram until blended. Stir in walnuts. Gradually stir in oil.
- Spread about 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture in prepared pan. Carefully spread with a third of the Parmesan mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours. Unmold; serve with crackers. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pesto Cream Cheese Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Cream Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review