Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. For pesto, combine 1/2 cup oil, grated cheese, basil, sunflower kernels and garlic in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped red pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add corn and pesto; heat through.
- 3. Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Grill peppers, covered, over medium heat, cut side down, 8 minutes. Turn; fill with corn mixture. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed pepper half (calculated without shredded cheese) equals 287 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.