Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers
We grill almost daily and enjoy using fresh produce from our garden. These pepper halves filled with a basil-seasoned corn mixture is my husband's favorite.—Rachael Marrier, Star Prairie, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- For pesto, combine 1/2 cup of oil, grated cheese, basil, sunflower
- kernels and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process
- until blended.
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in remaining oil until tender.
- Add corn and pesto; heat through.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on
- grill over medium heat; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Turn; fill
- with corn mixture. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.