Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers
"We grill almost daily and enjoy using fresh produce from our garden," reports Rachael Marrier of Star Prairie, Wisconsin. "This summery side dish of colorful pepper halves filled with a basil-seasoned corn mixture is my husband's favorite."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- For pesto, combine 1/2 cup of oil, grated cheese, basil, sunflower
- kernels and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process
- until blended.
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in remaining oil until tender.
- Add corn and pesto; heat through.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on
- grill over medium heat; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Turn; fill
- with corn mixture. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.