- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- For pesto, combine 1/2 cup oil, grated cheese, basil, sunflower kernels and garlic in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped red pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add corn and pesto; heat through.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Grill peppers, covered, over medium heat, cut side down, 8 minutes. Turn; fill with corn mixture. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers
Sort By :
"I actually made this recipe two times over the weekend. If you don't have time to make your own pesto, jarred pesto works just fine. Topped mine with feta cheese. It was great!"
"Forgot to give this the 5-star rating I think it deserves!"
"Its delicious as is. Since my husband has dietary constraints at this time, I made it again, substituting cilantro for the basil & adding lime zest to the pesto. He raved, and so did our teens! This is definitely a "keeper"--BOTH ways!"
"Great. Please everyone if you did NOT make the as printed and did not like YOUR variation don't give less than five stars. Try it as written before dissing."
"due to dietary constraints I omitted the cheese. was too heavy on the pesto without cheese"