Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- For pesto, combine 1/2 cup of oil, grated cheese, basil, sunflower kernels and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in remaining oil until tender. Add corn and pesto; heat through.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on grill over medium heat; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Turn; fill with corn mixture. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers(5)
Sort By :
I actually made this recipe two times over the weekend. If you don't have time to make your own pesto, jarred pesto works just fine. Topped mine with feta cheese. It was great!
Forgot to give this the 5-star rating I think it deserves!
Its delicious as is. Since my husband has dietary constraints at this time, I made it again, substituting cilantro for the basil & adding lime zest to the pesto. He raved, and so did our teens! This is definitely a "keeper"--BOTH ways!
Great. Please everyone if you did NOT make the as printed and did not like YOUR variation don't give less than five stars. Try it as written before dissing.
due to dietary constraints I omitted the cheese. was too heavy on the pesto without cheese