We grill almost daily and enjoy using fresh produce from our garden. These pepper halves filled with a basil-seasoned corn mixture is my husband's favorite recipe. —Rachael Marrier, Star Prairie, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- For pesto, combine 1/2 cup oil, grated cheese, basil, sunflower kernels and garlic in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped red pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add corn and pesto; heat through.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Grill peppers, covered, over medium heat, cut side down, 8 minutes. Turn; fill with corn mixture. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p53
Reviews for Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review