Pesto Chili Peanuts
Who’d ever dream of teaming pesto with peanuts? Dennis Dahlin from Bolingbrook, Illinois did! And the result is a can’t-stop-eating-‘em snack that’s salty, savory and sure to be in “hot” demand with friends and family. Just try it and see.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups salted dry roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the pesto mix, oil, chili powder and cayenne.
- Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add peanuts. Seal bag and
- shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes, stirring once. Spread
- on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 236 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.