Who’d ever dream of teaming pesto with peanuts? Dennis Dahlin from Bolingbrook, Illinois did! And the result is a can’t-stop-eating-‘em snack that’s salty, savory and sure to be in “hot” demand with friends and family. Just try it and see.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups salted dry roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the pesto mix, oil, chili powder and cayenne. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add peanuts. Seal bag and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Pesto Chili Peanuts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p31
Reviews forPesto Chili Peanuts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2011
"Have made several times. They're fairly addicting."
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
"These were good. A nice change from plain peanuts or snack mix"