Pesto Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. For pesto, combine the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread each with 2 tablespoons pesto to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with a toothpick or small metal skewer.
- 3. Place chicken in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or meat is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks or skewers. Serve warm as a main course.
- 4. For an appetizer, cool for 15 minutes, then refrigerate until chilled. Cut cold chicken into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 4 main course or 12-16 appetizer servings.
1 each: 332 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Pesto Chicken
"I used bottled pesto instead of making my own. It was pretty good, but I wasn't sure how to roll it up without losing much of the pesto. Overall, it was a very simple recipe to make & pop in the oven."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.