Pesto Chicken Turnovers Recipe
When it comes to food, I'm all about anything in a pocket—pita bread, bierocks, empanadas and more. These Italian-inspired turnovers are great for dinner and even better the next day. For smaller ones, use a single crescent roll with a level tablespoon of filling.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheets
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use grilled Italian chicken strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and cut each into four rectangles.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, chicken, cheese and pesto; spoon 3/4 cup in the center of each of four rectangles. Top with remaining rectangles; pinch seams to seal. Place on greased baking sheets; cut three slits in top of each turnover. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Chicken Turnovers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2014
"Really delicious and easy to make!"
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
"Delicious and really good. My daughters loved them!"
Reviewed May. 16, 2014
"These Were Really Good And Very Simple."