Sandwiches are a teacher's lunchtime staple. The pesto and roasted peppers add a welcome twist to the traditional chicken salad.—Ellen Finger, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the chicken, red peppers and celery; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p75
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review