Pesto Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon oil, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the remaining flour; beat until combined.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, peppers and mushrooms in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Spread with pesto. Top with chicken mixture and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 8 slices.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Pizza
Sort By :
"This pizza is the bomb!! We love this pizza. I add yellow & green zucchini to mine."
"My husband said it was the best pizza we've had!"
"Left off the mushrooms (didn't have any) and added some Montreal chicken seasoning to the chicken and veggies. Loved it! Pesto added an excellent flavor!"
"My family thought the flavors were pretty good but instead of slices of peppers they need to be diced and instead of cubed chicken maybe shredded. I think some of the flavors got lost due to to large of chicken and peppers"
"This was the best pizza I ever made."