Pesto Chicken Penne
A convenient pesto sauce mix provides the pleasant basil flavor in this simple chicken and pasta combination from Beth Martin Sine of Faulkner, Maryland. This entree requires little effort, yet seems elegant.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces penne or any medium pasta
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, whisk the pesto mix, milk and oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken; heat through. Drain pasta. Add to the sauce and toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.