- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Ragu® Classic Alfredo
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese blend, spinach, tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, milk and pesto. Drain pasta and add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oil; sprinkle over casseroles.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto-Chicken Penne Casseroles
Sort By :
"This is my husband's absolute favorite dish that I make! What makes this recipe even better is that it makes 2 casseroles so that you can freeze one and have it later and it still tastes just as good. Amazing recipe!!!"
"It was very tasty but I added onion for more flavor. I used homemade pesto and to save time I used canned chicken. I like that it makes a double batch that you can freeze. I divided it and froze three 2 serving portions."
"Loved it! Followed the recipe and it filled two nine inch cake pans to freeze and one smaller dish with enough for my husband and I. He is not a huge fan of Italian flavors, but he said it was good. I left the Parmesan cheese out of the topping and just did bread crumbs since I felt like there was enough cheese in the dish already."
"Awsome ! My daughter and son in law are vegetarians so i made one with half the meat and the other meatless. Everyone loved it !"
"My picky husband loved this! Next time, I might not add as much pesto as they recommend."