- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese blend, spinach, tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, milk and pesto. Drain pasta and add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oil; sprinkle over casseroles.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto-Chicken Penne Casseroles
Sort By :
This dish is fantastic. I have made it for company time and again, never no leftovers. Everyone asks for the recipe. It is still delicious after it has been frozen, seems the flavors have more chance to meld. This is a keeper in my recipe box
It was just way too garlicky for us. I followed the recipe to a "tee" as I always do when I am trying a recipe for the first time. We just didn't care for it.
This turned out awesome! I left out the pesto (due to allergies) and bread crumbs (personal preference) and it still turned out great! I will definitely be making this one again!
It's not easy to please a family of 5... all of them! They all liked it and asked to make it again. I pretty much followed the recipe with some slight measuring alterations (like not measuring :-)) It was easy to put together so it is a quick busy night meal.
This casserole was a HUGE with my boys. Makes enough for a few meals. The combination of the pesto and alfredo sauce is very nice. Will be making this again and again.