A convenient pesto sauce mix provides the pleasant basil flavor in this simple chicken and pasta combination from Beth Martin Sine of Faulkner, Maryland. This entree requires little effort, yet seems elegant.
- 8 ounces penne or any medium pasta
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk the pesto mix, milk and oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken; heat through. Drain pasta. Add to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Chicken Penne in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p36
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review