Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions; add peas and carrots during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the pesto mix, cornstarch and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta mixture; place in a large serving bowl. Add the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Chicken Pesto in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p43
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review