Pesto Chicken Mostaccioli Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Cook mostaccioli and chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, sour cream, ricotta, pesto, cream and Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Chop chicken tenders and drain mostaccioli; add to cheese mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes (dishes will be full). Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
1-1/3 cup: 921 calories, 59g fat (32g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Mostaccioli
"My neighbor brought one of her casseroles over to us....WOW this was great. I've added it to my recipe box"
"I can't believe this is a contest winning recipe! Disgustingly gross! The concept is good, but needs to be changed to include real food. I agree with using regular chicken rather than the horribly unhealthy frozen breaded chicken nuggets. It's not even cost effective. Prepared foods are far more expensive not to mention unhealthy when compared to unprepared foods. Only the use of bread crumbs rather than potato chips keeps it out of the running for the next trailer trash cookbook."
"This sounded good until I looked at the ingredients, Yikes! I have to watch my cholesterol- way too much fat! Will not make this, its just fatty and sloppy cooking."
"Too much pesto. May try again and cut back the amount of pesto"
"Loved it but made the change of regular poached chicken breast instead of breaded. thanks for the recipe"
"I made this recipe with a few changes to make it fewer calories: Milk in place of heavy whipping cream, reduced fat sour cream, skim milk ricotta cheese, and I omitted the butter on top. It was delicious!"
"This is a heart attack waiting to happen.!! --Madeline"
"This is a heart attack on speed. Good grief, look at the calories and amount of fat.!!!"
"Love this recipe I hunted it down because I had misplaced it awesome that you have enough for another night."
" I am a subscriber, have subscribed for years and years, have even published in Taste of Home. You do nothing but piss me off when you do this.Janetplanet
"Delicious, this recipe is very kid-friendly, although the pesto adds a twist that adults enjoy as well."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.