Pesto Chicken Mostaccioli Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook mostaccioli and chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, sour cream, ricotta, pesto, cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Chop chicken tenders and drain mostaccioli; add to cheese mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes (dishes will be full). Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Mostaccioli(10)
Sort By :
I can't believe this is a contest winning recipe! Disgustingly gross! The concept is good, but needs to be changed to include real food. I agree with using regular chicken rather than the horribly unhealthy frozen breaded chicken nuggets. It's not even cost effective. Prepared foods are far more expensive not to mention unhealthy when compared to unprepared foods. Only the use of bread crumbs rather than potato chips keeps it out of the running for the next trailer trash cookbook.
This sounded good until I looked at the ingredients, Yikes! I have to watch my cholesterol- way too much fat! Will not make this, its just fatty and sloppy cooking.
Too much pesto. May try again and cut back the amount of pesto
Loved it but made the change of regular poached chicken breast instead of breaded. thanks for the recipe
I made this recipe with a few changes to make it fewer calories: Milk in place of heavy whipping cream, reduced fat sour cream, skim milk ricotta cheese, and I omitted the butter on top. It was delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >