Pesto Chicken & Asparagus
With only five ingredients I can put a beautiful meal on the table for family or guests in very little time. I use store-bought pesto, which makes preparation quick and easy. This is a one-skillet dish, and it's also the only way I can get my 3-year-old son to eat asparagus. —Brooke Icenhour, Easley, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked couscous
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove
- and set aside. In the same skillet, saute asparagus until
- crisp-tender. Stir in the cream, pesto and pepper until blended.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with couscous. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without couscous) equals 525 calories, 42 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.