Pesto Cheese Tarts
Jean Kern's quick and easy tarts are perfect party fare. “Whether I make them for an event or a simple family gathering, everyone always raves about them,” she writes from Charlotte, North Carolina.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, mayonnaise, cheeses, pesto and
- pepper. Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls into tart shells. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 72 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.