- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, mayonnaise, cheeses, pesto and pepper. Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls into tart shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Cheese Tarts
Sort By :
Used Greek Yogurt instead of Mayo, and also tried this as a dip instead of in phyllo dough. A hit both ways.
I was experimenting one day and made something like this. It was good but something was missing. Can't wait to go to the store, get the ingredients, and make it. Thanks a lot Jean Kern's, you just made my day!!!
Did not yield enough filling, and filling was not quite thick enough based on recipe measurements.
What a wonderful, easy recipe! I have made this many times and it's on the menu for our next party!