- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, mayonnaise, cheeses, pesto and pepper. Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls into tart shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Cheese Tarts
"Used Greek Yogurt instead of Mayo, and also tried this as a dip instead of in phyllo dough. A hit both ways."
"I was experimenting one day and made something like this. It was good but something was missing. Can't wait to go to the store, get the ingredients, and make it. Thanks a lot Jean Kern's, you just made my day!!!"
"Flavour, mediocre.Did not yield enough filling, and filling was not quite thick enough based on recipe measurements."
"What a wonderful, easy recipe! I have made this many times and it's on the menu for our next party!"
"Thanks---these will work nicely with that homemade pesto I made!:)"