With garlic and red pepper flakes, this rich cheese spread has an irresistible zing. It's perfect for parties because a little bit goes a long way. —Amy Cronwall, Stacy, Minnesota
- PARSLEY PESTO:
- 3 cups fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 medium fresh basil leaves
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- CHEESE RING:
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Additional parsley sprigs and chopped walnuts, optional
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the pesto ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Gradually add whipping cream and sugar. Stir in onion and red pepper flakes.
- Line a 6-cup ring mold with plastic wrap. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture into mold. Top with pesto and remaining cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Invert cheese ring onto a serving plate; remove plastic wrap. Smooth sides and top of ring with a wet knife. Garnish with parsley and nuts if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Cheese Ring in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Cheese Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2010
"everyone could could not stop eating it --with crackers & veggies AND by itself!! absolutely delicious!"