Pesto Cheese Blossom
With colorful layers, this pretty spread is a real attention-getter of holiday gatherings. I like the convenience of making it ahead of time.
24 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 9 slices provolone cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- PESTO LAYER:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 1-qt. bowl with plastic wrap, overlapping the sides of the
- bowl. Arrange six cheese slices on the bottom and up the sides of
- the bowl, overlapping each slice; set aside.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 3 teaspoons oil mixture. In a food
- processor, combine tomatoes and reserved oil mixture; cover and
- process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- Place cream cheese, pistachios and garlic in the food processor;