- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into slices
- 1 jar (7 ounces) prepared pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with pesto; top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Yield: 29 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pesto Bruschetta
Sort By :
"One reviewer who gave this recipe a high rating actually revamped the entire thing. Its success is highly dependent on the jarred bruschetta one uses, and where's the pesto? Adding feta and tomato to a processed jar of bruschetta is just garnishing an already finished product. Its a quick and easy "cheat" in my opinion."
"does the bread get soggy from the pesto since it is not toasted first?"
"I made some slight changes and alterations to the recipe with more of an Italian flare. I used mozzarella instead of feta, and I added minced garlic and fresh basil on top with a drizzle of EVOO(extra virgin olive oil) on each bread slice. My Italian family love garlic and fresh basil on everything. Even alittle extra when it comes to some recipes."
"I made this recipe for a family get-to-gether as an appetizer. It was definitely a big hit and the plate got empty quick. Next time I make it for the family I will definitely double the recipe. It is so easy to make, so it is not a problem. I would recommend it for any kind of large party or quick app for company."
"My basil crop is out of control this year; was looking for some different recipes. I will definitely make this this weekend for hubby (along with yet another batch of pesto!)."