Pesto BLTs Recipe
“I first tasted this delicious combination in a local bistro,” recalls Robyn Larabee. She's been making the hefty sandwiches ever since at home in Lucknow, Onatario. It's a tasty way to use up those last, languishing garden tomatoes! TIP: Robyn says her BLTs are especially good served on rustic, homemade whole wheat-and-honey bread.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 slices Havarti cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto and pepper. Spread evenly over one side of each slice of toast. On two slices, layer with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato; top with remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 379 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC