Pesto BLTs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 slices Havarti cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto and pepper. Spread evenly over one side of each slice of toast. On two slices, layer with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato; top with remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein .
Reviews for Pesto BLTs
"The flavor blend was very good (we left off the cheese), but not better than a regular BLT. If you think the fat is too much, use fat-free mayo, turkey bacon that is baked on a rack and not fried, and leave out the cheese."
"23 grams of fat is too much for me- but it sounds so delicious.7veils"