“I first tasted this delicious combination in a local bistro,” recalls Robyn Larabee. She's been making the hefty sandwiches ever since at home in Lucknow, Onatario. It's a tasty way to use up those last, languishing garden tomatoes! TIP: Robyn says her BLTs are especially good served on rustic, homemade whole wheat-and-honey bread.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 slices Havarti cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto and pepper. Spread evenly over one side of each slice of toast. On two slices, layer with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato; top with remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pesto BLTs in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p45
Reviews for Pesto BLTs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review