Personal Pot Roasts Recipe
- 2 beef shanks (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 pearl onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Sprinkle meat with 1 tablespoon flour; place in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Mix 1 cup water, broth, soup mix, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Turn meat; add the potato, carrots and onions. Cover; return to oven for 30-45 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove meat and vegetables and keep warm.
- 3. To prepare gravy, skim fat from pan juices. Measure 1 cup of the juices and place in a small saucepan. Combine remaining flour and cold water; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with meat and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Personal Pot Roasts
"This is wonderful----a real man pleaser."
"All of your recipes should include nutrition information."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.