- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Anjou pears
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Bartlett pears
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease bottoms and sides of four 8-oz. ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter (do not butter rims). Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornflake crumbs, brown sugar and ginger. In a large bowl, toss pears with orange juice. Add crumb mixture and toss to combine. Divide mixture among ramekins; dot with remaining butter.
- Without unfolding, cut pastry crosswise into fourteen 1/4-in. strips. Carefully unfold strips. Cut eight strips in half; cut remaining strips into thirds. Arrange over ramekins in a lattice pattern, using four long strips and four short strips for each. Gently press ends onto ramekin rims. Brush lattices with egg.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Personal Pear Pot Pies in Country Woman October/November 2012, p33
Reviews for Personal Pear Pot Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review