Personal Pear Pot Pies Recipe
Talk about cutie pies! These tasty pear mini pies, baked in ramekins, are super easy. Frozen puff pastry makes it simple to treat your family to personal-size desserts.—Barbara Engelhart, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Anjou pears
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Bartlett pears
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease bottoms and sides of four 8-oz. ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter (do not butter rims). Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornflake crumbs, brown sugar and ginger. In a large bowl, toss pears with orange juice. Add crumb mixture and toss to combine. Divide mixture among ramekins; dot with remaining butter.
- 3. Without unfolding, cut pastry crosswise into fourteen 1/4-in. strips. Carefully unfold strips. Cut eight strips in half; cut remaining strips into thirds. Arrange over ramekins in a lattice pattern, using four long strips and four short strips for each. Gently press ends onto ramekin rims. Brush lattices with egg.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC