Personal Pear Pot Pies
Talk about cutie pies! These tasty pear mini pies, baked in ramekins, are super easy. Frozen puff pastry makes it simple to treat your family to personal-size desserts.Barbara Engelhart, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Anjou pears
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Barlett pears
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease bottoms and sides of four 8-oz.
- ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter (do not butter rims). Place on a
- baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornflake crumbs, brown sugar and ginger.
- In a large bowl, toss pears with orange juice. Add crumb mixture and
- toss to combine. Divide mixture among ramekins; dot with remaining
- Without unfolding, cut pastry crosswise into fourteen 1/4-in. strips.
- Carefully unfold strips. Cut eight strips in half; cut remaining
- strips into thirds. Arrange over ramekins in a lattice pattern,
- using four long strips and four short strips for each. Gently press