Personal Margherita Pizzas
This family-friendly supper is simplicity at its finest. Golden-brown, melted fresh mozzarella and a sprinkling of fresh basil give these personal pies Italian-inspired flavors. —Jerry Gulley, San Francisco, CA
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare pizza dough according to package
- directions, adding oregano before mixing. Divide into three
- Pat each portion of dough into an 8-in. circle on greased baking
- sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Spread each crust with 1/4 cup pizza sauce to within 1/2 in. of edge.
- Top with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden
- and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 407 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now