Personal Margherita Pizzas Recipe
This family-friendly supper is simplicity at its finest. Golden-brown, melted fresh mozzarella and a sprinkling of fresh basil give these personal pies Italian-inspired flavors. —Jerry Gulley, San Francisco, CA
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions, adding oregano before mixing. Divide into three portions.
- 2. Pat each portion of dough into an 8-in. circle on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Spread each crust with 1/4 cup pizza sauce to within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 3 servings.
1 pizza equals 407 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC