Persimmon Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing Recipe
Sweet, bright orange persimmons are in season during winter. Put that beautiful fruit to perfect use in a green salad featuring nuts, cranberries, onion, feta and a homemade dressing.
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup walnut halves, broken and toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, arugula, persimmons, walnuts, cranberries and onion. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, honey, allspice and salt. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC