Persimmon Rice Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups ripe persimmon pulp
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice and persimmon pulp; set aside. Combine sugar, milk, flour, egg and vanilla; add to rice mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- 2. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until pudding is set. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 235 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Persimmon Rice Pudding
"I went to the store and bought everything to make persimmon cookies. This was my first experience with persimmons. I didn't have any baking soda so I was fortunate I found this recipe. I'd bought buttermilk for my cookies so I used it. It came out great. Nest time I will add some of the spices and salt when I cook the rice. You can use pumpkin or apple spice mix as well. I only used 1 cup of sugar. It came out great and everyone wants the recipe. Imagine!"