Persimmon Rice Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups ripe persimmon pulp
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice and persimmon pulp; set aside. Combine sugar, milk, flour, egg and vanilla; add to rice mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- 2. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until pudding is set. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup: 235 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Persimmon Rice Pudding
"I went to the store and bought everything to make persimmon cookies. This was my first experience with persimmons. I didn't have any baking soda so I was fortunate I found this recipe. I'd bought buttermilk for my cookies so I used it. It came out great. Nest time I will add some of the spices and salt when I cook the rice. You can use pumpkin or apple spice mix as well. I only used 1 cup of sugar. It came out great and everyone wants the recipe. Imagine!"