- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes
- before removing from custard cups.
- For butter sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated
- milk, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5
- minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla. Drizzle over pudding.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Note: Use the Hachiya, acorn-shaped, variety persimmon that is ripe and soft. To scoop out Hachiya persimmons for mashing or pureeing, halve the fruit and scoop out the pulp with a spoon, discarding the stem, skin and seeds, if any.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 464 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.