Persimmon Pudding Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups ripe persimmon pulp
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; mix well. Stir in butter. Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda; add to milk mixture. Fold in persimmon pulp, dates, coconut and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Persimmon Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"I've made Plum Pudding over the holidays for years and everyone raves over it. This year, I had an over abundance of Persimmons and decided to try this recipe, for a change of pace. IT WAS HORRIBLE! The cake did not come out anything like my Plum Pudding cake! It was RAW AND GOOEY on the inside and nearly burnt on the outside. It left such a bad taste in everyone's palate, they made me throw the whole cake out, and refused to eat anything with persimmons in it this year."
"I really liked it, made it with some frozen persimmons I have been buying at a speciality foods store. Once you let them defrost, they really work well when you turn them into the pulp you need for this recipe."
"YUMMY!! Rich and heavy. You only need a small slice. Whipped cream is a nice addition. My first experience cooking with persimmons and I picked the right receipe to do it."