- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe persimmon pulp (about 3 medium)
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in persimmon pulp.
- Pour into six well-greased 8-oz. custard cups or ramekins. Cover tightly with a double layer of foil. Place on a rack in a deep kettle. Add 1 in. of boiling water to kettle; cover and boil gently. Replace water as needed. Steam for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from custard cups.
- For butter sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Drizzle over pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Persimmon Pudding in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p56
Reviews for Persimmon Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review