Persimmon Breakfast Parfaits Recipe
Persimmon season is short compared to apples, oranges or pears. When they are in season this delightful fruit should be used as many ways as possible. Besides breads and salads, add some to your breakfast with this yummy yogurt parfait.—
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe persimmon pulp
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 medium Asian pear, chopped
- 2 cups granola
- 1 ripe persimmon, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1. Combine the yogurt, persimmon pulp, honey, ginger and cardamom. Spoon 1/4 cup into each of four parfait glasses. Top each with pear and 1/4 cup granola. Layer with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture, persimmon slices and remaining granola. Top with remaining yogurt mixture; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
1 parfait equals 445 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC