Perky Parsleyed Tomatoes Recipe
"I was given this delightful recipe many years ago by my mother with a notation, 'Oh, so good!'", says Marie Melchert from Las Vegas, Nevada. "You can make it ahead, and it is so attractive."
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato so it sits flat. Cut each tomato into 1/2-in. horizontal slices; reassemble tomatoes, stacking slices on top of each other. Place the stacks in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 tomato equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC