Perky Parsleyed Tomatoes
"I was given this delightful recipe many years ago by my mother with a notation, 'Oh, so good!'", says Marie Melchert from Las Vegas, Nevada. "You can make it ahead, and it is so attractive."
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato so it sits flat. Cut
- each tomato into 1/2-in. horizontal slices; reassemble tomatoes,
- stacking slices on top of each other. Place the stacks in a 13-in. x
- 9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the
- refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tomato equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.