- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato so it sits flat. Cut each tomato into 1/2-in. horizontal slices; reassemble tomatoes, stacking slices on top of each other. Place the stacks in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Perky Parsleyed Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p11
Reviews for Perky Parsleyed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2014
Delicious!! I loved these tomatoes.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2011
I like the dressing and use it with other vegetable dishes I make now. I make this recipe for summer picnics and add fresh mozzarella slices and layer between the tomato.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >