Perked-Up Baked Potato
With the delicious toppings and fun crunch, this colorful potato for two could easily become a weekly routine. “It’s great served with veal chops and asparagus,” suggests Billie Moss of Walnut Creek, California.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons unsalted sunflower kernels
- Dash paprika
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until
- Cut potato in half lengthwise; mash the pulp with a fork. Top each
- half with butter, onion, celery, red pepper and sour cream; sprinkle
- with sunflower kernels and paprika.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 potato equals 210 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.