Perked-Up Baked Potato Recipe
With the delicious toppings and fun crunch, this colorful potato for two could easily become a weekly routine. “It’s great served with veal chops and asparagus,” suggests Billie Moss of Walnut Creek, California.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons unsalted sunflower kernels
- Dash paprika
- 1. Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Cut potato in half lengthwise; mash the pulp with a fork. Top each half with butter, onion, celery, red pepper and sour cream; sprinkle with sunflower kernels and paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 potato equals 210 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC