- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; whisk in oil. Chill until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, apples, cherries, pecans and onion. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Perfect Winter Salad
"Sorry, to clarify my previous comment; I used 1/4c. olive oil and 1/4 c. canola oil to make up the 1/2 c of oil."
"This recipe is definitely a keeper. I made it for our small group that meets weekly but monthly for a meal. I toasted the pecans and Smart Balance mayo. It was a wonderful mix of apple/maple/pecan flavors. Delicious. I made a 2nd batch up for us at home and used 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 canola for the oil. Still delicious. Can't wait to try it over salmon or chicken salad. The men raved about it. I'm never embarrassed to take T of H recipes; I can always count on them to make me "look good". :)"
"I also added a few strawberries. Yum! good with salmon"
"Excellent and easy."
"This was a great, quick salad to make. Very full of flavor. I also added chicken for a little substance."