Perfect Scalloped Oysters
My family— husband, children and grandchildren— all look forward to this easy seafood side dish. It's one I've made for well over 30 years.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pint shucked oysters or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine cracker crumbs, butter, salt and pepper; sprinkle a third
- into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Arrange half of the oysters
- over crumbs. Top with another third of the crumb mixture and the
- remaining oysters.
- Combine cream and Worcestershire sauce; pour over oysters. Top with
- remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40
- minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 349 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.