Perfect Scalloped Oysters Recipe
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pint shucked oysters or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Combine cracker crumbs, butter, salt and pepper; sprinkle a third into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Arrange half of the oysters over crumbs. Top with another third of the crumb mixture and the remaining oysters.
- 2. Combine cream and Worcestershire sauce; pour over oysters. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 349 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Perfect Scalloped Oysters
"Best I have ever made."
"This was so good. My family loved it."
"My mother made this recipe for years and I have been making it for 40 years. It is easy to make and when I take to family affairs I put the cream and worcestershire in a cup with lid and put it into the cassrole when I get there."
".... lol are you kidding me? Butter, salt, heavy cream,,,,??? this recipe is to die-for"