My family— husband, children and grandchildren— all look forward to this easy seafood side dish. It's one I've made for well over 30 years.
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pint shucked oysters or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine cracker crumbs, butter, salt and pepper; sprinkle a third into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Arrange half of the oysters over crumbs. Top with another third of the crumb mixture and the remaining oysters.
- Combine cream and Worcestershire sauce; pour over oysters. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Perfect Scalloped Oysters in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p29
Reviews for Perfect Scalloped Oysters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review