Perfect Pronto Pizza
This traditional pizza is just the right size for our family of five. The combination of cheddar and mozzaell cheeses and blend of herbs are terrific.—Deb Virgl, Mead, Nebraska
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the
- sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10
- In a bowl, combine the tomato paste, water, garlic powder, oregano
- and rosemary. Spread over crust. Top with beef and cheeses. Bake
- 10-15 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 445 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a