This traditional pizza is just the right size for our family of five. The combination of cheddar and mozzaell cheeses and blend of herbs are terrific.—Deb Virgl, Mead, Nebraska
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato paste, water, garlic powder, oregano and rosemary. Spread over crust. Top with beef and cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Perfect Pronto Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p279
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Perfect Pronto Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review