Perfect Prime Rib Roast Recipe
If you've never made prime rib before, you can't go wrong with this recipe. It comes from a chef at a favorite local restaurant. —Pauline Waasdorp, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; rub half over the roast. Place roast in a large resealable plastic bag; seal and refrigerate overnight, turning often. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast fat side up in a large roasting pan; pour reserved marinade over roast. Tent with foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done 170°). Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC